Welcome to Eagles for Life
“Never tire of firmly speaking out in defense of life from its conception and do not be deterred from the commitment to defend the dignity of every human person with courageous determination. Christ is with you: be not afraid!” Pope John Paul II
The Eagles for Life is a high school pro-life organization that was formed in the fall of 2007 in response to the Catholic Churches' call to defend and protect human life in all its stages, from conception through natural death. We meet every Friday during lunch.
Get involved in Eagles for Life
- Join us for one of our meetings and learn how you can be a part of this important ministry.
- Stay after Mass every Tuesday morning at Christ the Good Shepherd Chapel to pray a decade of the rosary with us for pro-life intentions.
- Watch for announcements of guest speakers and other events.
Downs Syndrome Association of the Brazos Valley
- Buddy Walk: Each October, the DSABV sponsors the "Buddy Walk" which brings awareness to the community of the fellowship we share with our brothers and sisters among us who have Downs Syndrome. The walk also raises money for activities sponsored by the organization. Primarily, though, it is a celebration of life and one our favorite activities of the year!
March for Life
- Each year around the anniversary of the Roe-vs-Wade Supreme Court Decision that paved the way for legalized abortion, a group of students from St. Joseph Catholic School travels to Austin to attend the Diocesan-wide pro-life Mass celebrated by our Bishop and priests from across the Diocese. We then head to downtown Austin where we join thousands on a peaceful procession to the steps of the capital for inspirational pro-life speakers. It is a great trip. Check back for details