1. Get plenty of sleep the night before the test.
2. If you feel nervous before beginning, try to relax by taking a few deep breaths.
3. Maintain confidence in your abilities and plan to do your best. Your attitude can affect your performance.
4. Listen carefully to all instructions and ask questions if you hear something you don't understand.
5. Focus your attention entirely on your work.
6. Position your answer sheet next to your test booklet so you can mark answers quickly and accurately.
7. Before answering each question, read it completely, as well as all the possible responses.
8. When you are unsure of an answer, choose the one you think is best and go on to the next question. Be sure to answer every question. There is no penalty for guessing or there is only a fraction taken off.
9. Pace yourself throughout the test by occasionally checking the time.
10. If you complete the test before your time is up, reread the questions and check your answers.